Thursday, March 3, 2016

Where Would You Be.....?



The other night I found myself laying in bed just thinking. My brain wouldn't go to sleep. Of course this was probably because of the steroids I was on for an allergic reaction, but that's beside the point. As I was laying there I couldn't help but think where would I be if everything in my life hadn't happened exactly the way it did. It just amazes me how everything works outs. How there was apparently a plan that we didn't know about. 

All the things we went through, whether good or bad, is what got us to where we are today. I think back and there are somethings I wish wouldn't have happened. Things I wish I could change. But then I think that if I did change those things how would it change the way my life is today.

Maybe if my dad wouldn't have passed away when I was little, I wouldn't have got to know my wonderful step dad and my mom wouldn't be happy as she is today. I think about all the bad choices I made that I shouldn't have. But if I wouldn't have made some of those bad choices I would have never met my husband. Because I'll be honest we met because of some of those bad choices.

And if I wouldn't have met him, when I was 16, maybe just maybe I wouldn't be where I am today. I would probably be out on the streets. I wouldn't be the woman or mother I am today. I wouldn't be the forgiven child of God I am today. If I wouldn't have made those bad choices I wouldn't have my two beautiful boys. I wouldn't have the opportunity to watch them grow and learn. 

I wouldn't have the perfect life I have today. I wouldn't be so in love today and so content in my life. I honestly believe that  if I hadn't made some of those bad choices I wouldn't know God the way I know him today. I wouldn't be as thankful as I am for Jesus Christ as I am today. I wouldn't understand what it truly means to forgiven and know that God loves me and takes care of me. 

Everything I have went through in my life. Every death, every heartache, every mistake and every single bad choice that I made was all part of God's ultimate plan to bring me closer to him. It was all part of his plan to help me to truly realize how much he blesses us in our day to day life. 

You see everything that we go through is to glorify God. Even if we can't see how it glorifies him, we have to know deep down that it truly does glorify him. It just amazes me how everything leads back to Him and his ultimate plan. 

I really don't know what the point of this post is but I've been thinking about it for a few days and I pray that it blesses you in some way. And always remember to thank Him for everything. 


No comments:

Post a Comment